The University of London recognises the achievement of successful graduates from the Postgraduate Certificate Learning and Teaching in Higher Education by granting them University of London Worldwide Recognised Tutor Status. This includes receiving a certificate and is noted on the diploma supplement.
As successful graduates of the Postgraduate Certificate Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, University of London Worldwide Recognised Tutors have had the opportunity to:
- demonstrate enhanced skills, understanding of and strategies in teaching, learning and assessment in face to face teaching
- engage with successful digital and online learning through direct hands-on experience;
- demonstrate enhanced skills in digital and online teaching
- work with colleagues across the globe, in a community of practice
- demonstrate a commitment to their own professional development
The University of London is keen to support professional development for those teaching and supporting learning for students in Higher Education with the aim of enhancing student experience and academic outcomes. The University of London Postgraduate Certificate Learning and Teaching in Higher Education was developed by a team of Academics from the University of London’s Centre for Distance Education. Mapped, by the programme development team, against the UK Professional Standards Framework, the programme supports effective development of relevant skills, knowledge and understanding to support and promote the learning of Higher Education students.