He was a partner of stockbrokers Montagu Loebl Stanley, acquired by Flemings in 1986, when he became Director responsible for UK, international and charity clients. Following the takeover of Flemings by JP Morgan Private Bank, in 2002 Malcolm moved to Rothschild Private Wealth Management as Managing Director. He joined Kleinwort Benson in 2012 as Managing Director in the Wealth Management division until the takeover by Societe Generale in 2017. Malcolm was a judge for the STEP Private Client Awards 2014/15 and also shortlisted by Citywealth as Private Banker of the year in 2014. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment, and a former member of the Stock Exchange Taxation Examination Committee. In the early 1990s, he was instrumental in the creation of ‘private’ unit trusts and OEICs.
- Member of the Court of the Worshipful Company of Barbers, and chairs their investment committee.
- Trustee of the Household Cavalry Museum.
- Governor of the Voluntary Hospital of St. Bartholomew.
- Investment committee of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Development Board, School of Medicine, Buckingham University.
- Formerly Chairman of The Special Trustees of Moorfields Eye Hospital, and a council member of the Association of NHS Charities.
- He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.