The following Terms and Conditions, including all schedules, apply to your University of London Unionlearn Bursary:
- To be eligible for the Unionlearn Bursary, you must be a member of a union that falls under the auspices of unionlearn and the Trades Union Congress at the time of making your Unionlearn Bursary application.
- The Unionlearn Bursary is only available for newly registering students for the start of the following University of London programmes (or any shorter qualification offered as part of these programmes, including without limitation modules, certificates and diplomas) offered via distance learning:
a.BSc Business Administration
b.BSc Computer Science
- You will not be considered for the Unionlearn Bursary until you have been given an offer for the University of London distance learning programme.
- When you are approved for the Unionlearn Bursary you will be sent a bursary code to use during registration. If you proceed to register before you have received the bursary code, you will not receive the Unionlearn Bursary.
- If you request the Unionlearn Bursary after the deadline for the current session, we cannot award you the bursary. However, you can request the Unionlearn Bursary for the following academic session providing the bursary is still available, and if you can defer your registration until the next session.
- The Unionlearn Bursary can be applied against registration fees, examination entry fees, course module fees, and module continuation fees.
- The Unionlearn Bursary cannot be applied to application fees, recognition of prior learning fees, extension of registration fees, examination centre fees, examination rechecks, or against fees not charged directly by the University of London.
- The Unionlearn Bursary value is 10% of the relevant fee, which will be deducted from your fees and can be applied if you chose the ‘pay as you go’ option or if you select to pay your full course fee.
- The Unionlearn Bursary may be awarded in addition to other external scholarships and funding, but cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of London bursary or scholarships.
- The Unionlearn Bursary may be reviewed on an annual basis and cannot be transferred to another individual.
- Students awarded a Unionlearn Bursary but who subsequently withdraw from their course of studies will no longer be eligible for the Unionlearn Bursary for that course of studies.
- Students who take a break in their studies will continue to be eligible for the Unionlearn Bursary provided that they complete their degree in the permitted timescales and pay any relevant fees.
- The Unionlearn Bursary is only valid for registrations from 2020/2021 academic year onwards. The Unionlearn Bursary cannot be retroactively applied to studies before this academic year.
- The Unionlearn Bursary will be valid for the maximum period of registration for your programme.
- The University reserves the right to terminate the Unionlearn Bursary if you are found to have omitted key information or have provided untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or fraudulent information on your application form or in any additional information provided to the University and used in the determination of the award of your Unionlearn Bursary.
- You agree to abide by the University of London Student Terms and Conditions and the rules and regulations of the University of London. If you do not abide by the University of London Student Terms and Conditions or these rules and regulations, or if you do not meet the requirements (including the academic requirements) to continue or complete the applicable University of London distance learning programme, the University reserves the right to withdraw the Unionlearn Bursary with immediate effect.
- You undertake to use your best efforts to fulfil the academic requirements of the applicable University of London distance learning programme.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you are giving the University the right to hold and process your personal data, including some special category personal data. The University will process this personal data (including any personal data provided as part of participation in a marketing related activity and/or event) in accordance with the UK Data Protection legislation and the University’s Unionlearn Bursary Privacy Notice attached as Schedule 1 below. In agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the Unionlearn Bursary Privacy Notice and you agree to the University sharing your data (including your personal data) in relation to the progression of your studies with unionlearn and with an applicable trade union.
- Each of the clauses of these Terms and Conditions operate separately. If a clause or any part of a clause is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the University in relation to the Unionlearn Bursary. All previous agreements, arrangements and understandings between you and the University relating to the Unionlearn Bursary, whether written or oral, shall have no legal effect unless expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- If the University fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, or if the University does not enforce its rights against you, or if the University delays in doing so, that will not mean that the University has waived its rights against you and that will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If the University waives a default by you of the Unionlearn Bursary, the University will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that it will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These are the Terms and Conditions between you and the University. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions, and any matters arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions, are governed and construed in accordance with English law. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions.
Privacy Notice – Unionlearn bursary
As a student of the University of London Worldwide you will be subject to our student privacy notice, which can be viewed on the Data Protection page. This notice explains how we manage your personal data as a Unionlearn bursary holder.
What data are we collecting?
In addition to your standard registration data, we will collect the following information in relation to your bursary when you register:
- Your Union
- Your Trade Union membership number
- A confirmation from your Union Rep to verify your membership and eligibility.
Why are we using it?
Administering your bursary
We are collecting and storing your information in order to fulfil your ‘contract’ as a bursary holder. We have, on your verification form, obtained consent to retain your Trade Union information, which is “special category” data, for the purposes to prove your eligibility during the course of your studies.
The University carries out statistical reporting on many aspects of its courses, to help plan and evaluate. In order to support our legitimate interest to evaluate the bursary, we will collect reporting information on the bursary holders and their progression.
The University may ask you as a bursary holder to take part in marketing related activities and/or events to promote and share your experiences of the Unionlearn Bursary. Examples of typical activities and/or events may include participating in an interview, providing a profile for the University website or prospectus or attending an open day or induction event.
Who will we give this data to?
Reporting to Unionlearn
The University will share details your progression with Unionlearn, who will manage the data for their reporting purposes, which may include informing your union. We will provide the following information:
- union name
- applicant name
Your member institution (where relevant)
The University of London and any relevant Member Institutions are separate legal entities. Where relevant, the University will share your data for the purposes of the management of your Unionlearn Bursary.
How long will we keep your data for?
The bursary information will be kept as part of your student record and will be retained for six years after your graduation. The reporting and statistics may be kept for longer but these statistics will not identify you or affect you in any way.
How can I find out more?
Please contact unionlearn at firstname.lastname@example.org or the University of London using the Contact Us tab in the first instance. You can find out more about your rights under data protection law, as well as our policies and the contact details of our Data Protection Officer, on the Data Protection page.