For entry to our bachelor degrees (e.g. BSc / LLB) or our Diploma of Higher Education qualifications, you will normally have the following:
For the Certificate of Higher Education, you will normally have the following:
- GCSEs at Grade C, or international equivalent (required number depends on your course).
- Any specific course requirements (e.g. Mathematics);
- English language requirements.
For Graduate Diplomas, which are formed of advanced undergraduate courses, you will normally meet the following:
- Either: an acceptable bachelor degree, master’s degree, or another accredited Level 7 award of at least 1 year full-time in duration.
- Or: an acceptable Level 5 or 6 award (e.g. HND or Graduate Certificate) of at least 1 year full-time in duration, plus 2 years' relevant work experience.
- Plus: Any specific course requirements (e.g. Mathematics).
You'll find any specific requirements on your chosen course page.
Equivalent qualifications where you live
We accept qualifications from all over the world. Search our database.
We accept many tertiary qualifications that aren't listed here, including Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Higher Diplomas and National Diplomas.
We don't list every country, and sometimes there are several grading systems operating within a single country.
If you hold qualifications from a different country, or you are unsure if yours will be valid for entry, contact us before you apply.
(Due to high volume, we are unable to advise during September and October.)
Requirements for our postgraduate courses (Masters / Postgraduate Diploma / Postgraduate Certificate) or standalone modules can vary. These can all be found on our course pages.
Some of our member institutions have identified specific equivalent qualifications from around the world for entry to their distance-learning courses.
Consideration by the panel
If you are not automatically eligible, our Admissions Panel will consider whether any alternative qualifications, incomplete qualifications (e.g. diplomas / degrees), or work experience will prepare you adequately for the course.
What happens after you apply?
Admissions appeal process
We are committed to ensure that all decisions taken by the Admissions Office are clear, transparent and consistent. But we understand that you may wish to appeal against decisions made by our panel.
I wish to appeal a decision concerning eligibility.