University of London

Small Navigation Menu

Primary Menu

You are here:

Supplying evidence

Below is the evidence you'll need to provide to help us process your application.

Once you have the following, you can upload, post, or deliver your documents to us.

How to gather and verify the evidence we need

Name and date of birth

Please submit photocopied evidence of your full name (including any changes) and your date of birth. This must be one of the following:

  • birth certificate
  • passport
  • national identification card
  • UK driving license
  • alien registration certificate

If you have changed your name, please supply one of the following to reflect this change:

  • marriage certificate
  • deed poll
  • statutory declaration
  • affidavit.

We need to see evidence of the relevant qualifications before we can process your application. We may ask for further evidence after you have submitted your application.

If you are unable to send this in advance of the registration deadline, please let us know.

Further documentary evidence

If we need further information about a particular qualification (e.g. a transcript and/or syllabus), we may ask you to arrange for the awarding/examining authority to provide us with this.

Academic / Professional awards (Postgraduate)

If your final degree certificate does not state the classification or if you are applying on the basis of a professional qualification, you should also submit the final transcript of your qualification.

This must include all subjects taken, marks/grades obtained, and the date of the final award.

Further evidence Global MBA

For our Global MBA programme, we require references that reflect on your recent work experience or academic performance (depending on the entry route).

Option 1: Arrange for the awarding / examining authority to send us a statement or transcript of your results. The statement/transcript should include your name, date of birth and University of London student reference number (if available).

Option 2:  Have your original documents verified by an official authority, business or organisation. Verification means that your original document has been seen and a photocopy has been stamped and signed to be a true copy of the original.

You can take your original document and photocopy of the original to the following: 

  • Awarding body
  • British Council
  • Commissioner of Oaths
  • Justice of the Peace
  • Local Bank or Postal Service
  • Local Council or Government 
  • Local or Foreign Embassy  
  • Ministry of Education
  • Notary Public
  • Police Force
  • Solicitor

If none of these options are available, contact us as we happy to consider alternative parties.

Option 3: One of our approved teaching centres could verify your documents (Please contact the centre first to see if they are able to provide this service). 

Copies must be officially stamped, signed and dated by the named authority on the front of the document.

Verifiers must state their full name, job title, and contact details. We conduct spot checks to confirm that this work has been carried out by the named authority.

Once this has been completed, you can upload, send, or deliver your documents to University Of London.

Please do not send original documents.

If a document/statement is not in English, we may require a translation. (Check with us first.)

This must be provided by either an embassy/consulate official, or by a recognised translator. It should include an embossed stamp or mark of authority and must be accompanied by full details of:

  • translator’s name
  • postal address
  • email address
  • telephone number.

We conduct spot checks to confirm that this work has been carried out by the named authority.