Student email account
Your student email account provides a safe and reliable channel for communication.
The Virtual Learning Environment
Your Virtual Learning Environment contains study materials such as podcasts, audio lectures and activities. You can also link up with other students around the world.
Each course has a dedicated gateway to the University of London online library, which will help you get the best out of your studies. Its resources include:
- over 97 million e-journal titles.
- professional legal databases including LexisNexis and Westlaw.
- a collection of specially selected e-books.
Our state-of-the-art search engine and guides will help you find what you are looking for. We also have an enquiry service staffed by professional librarians.
Senate House Library
Distance-learning students have free reference access to Senate House Library. You can use it as a place to study or browse its collection in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. Benefit from:
- an extensive collection of printed and online books including historic and antiquarian books.
- newspapers and news services including digital archives.
- specialist collections, historic maps and rare books.
- history of the University of London and of individuals connected to the University.
You will need to show your University of London ID card to gain access, and bring proof of your home address the first time you visit the library.
If you wish to borrow books, you will need to become a member. You can sign up on a 3-month or 12-month basis.
Access to further libraries
A select number of libraries have previously offered their services to distance-learning students.
See our leaflet for further details.