Submit your application via one of the following Student Finance bodies. Arrangements differ depending on where you live.
Eligible courses are recorded on the Student Loans Company database, so you can find your course when applying online for a student loan.
Please note the following:
- Generally, you apply directly to the appropriate body. We cannot apply on your behalf.
- If you are studying at a Further Education college, apply for a loan through your college.
- You can only apply for a part-time loan, even if you are studying full-time.
- You cannot apply for the maintenance grant / loan.
- This loan cannot be used to pay application fees or transfer fees.
You should ensure that you enter the University of London (Worldwide) when selecting the University/College on the application. If you enter a member institution (e.g. King's, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway), your application will be delayed.
Your eligibility will depend on:
- Is this your first HE course? Generally, you will only receive a student loan if this is your first higher education qualification (even if your previous course was self-funded).
- Your nationality and residency status. You must be a UK national or have 'settled status' (no restrictions on how long you can stay). You must normally live in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales, and have lived in the UK for three years before starting your course.
- Your study rate must be at least 25% of an equivalent full-time course in each academic year.
For full details on eligibility criteria:
If your application for a part-time student loan is accepted, your Student Finance body will send you a 'financial notification' showing the loan instalments and payment dates.
Please send a copy of this to the Fees Office, via the Student Portal or by post, so we can confirm your registration status with the Student Loans Company.
Once we have provided confirmation and the first loan instalment is released, we will send your study materials and provide you with access to your Virtual Learning Environment.
If you are unable to send us your financial notification by 30 November, you should pay your registration fee so we can provide your materials for you to begin studying. We will refund this once the confirmation has been completed.