Accounting and finance is critical for the support of all business activities. This module introduces you to the fundamentals of practical accounting and finance.
The knowledge gained from this module will provide an important toolkit which will enable students to understand the performance of the wider business and its relationship to key internal and external decision making.
You will learn how financial information is communicated and how it is used as an effective tool for decision making and control. Students will also learn about analysing financial documents and the core understandings of the nature of investment decision making and management decision making.
- Main topics of the module include:
- Introduction to accounting
- Basic accounting conventions
- Financial statement analysis using ratios
- Working capital management
- Budgets and budgetary controls
- Marginal costing.
Online examination (100%)