Understanding the bigger picture of how corporate financing in done is fundamental to building a project-based business. Building on the knowledge of accounting and finance, this module seeks to expand on this by looking closely at corporate finance and project funding practices to allow students to understand where and how projects are financed in a business context. It also looks closely at project risk and teaches the principles of financial risk management.
- Main topics of the module include:
- Corporate finance
- Project finance: history, relevance, contractual structures
- Sector requirements: construction, EPIC, creative media and IT
- Time value of money and multi-year programmes
- Risk appraisal, allocation, mitigation and management
- Capital structuring and financing projects in distress: equity and debt (debt structures for banks, bonds); banking terms and credit enhancement issues.