In this module you will study technical aspects of bank regulation, supervision and intervention to resolve crises.
- Unit 1: Elements and Objectives of Bank Regulation
- Unit 2: International Rules for Prudential Regulation
- Unit 3: Financial Stability, Bank Structure and Shadow Banking
- Unit 4 Supervising the Banks and Foreseeing Problems Contents
- Unit 5: Lender of Last Resort – Before and After the 2008 Crisis Contents
- Unit 6: Dealing with Bank Failure: 'Too Big to Fail' and New Resolution Regimes Contents
- Unit 7: The Institutional Structure of Financial Regulation Contents
- Unit 8: Issues in International Supervision and Regulation Contents
- Two assignments (30%)
- One three-hour examination in September/October (70%).