The first part will develop critical understandings of branding that will hold relevance both inside and outside the domain of marketing practice. This module is best suited to those who are open to new ideas, who are self-motivated, willing to read extensively and contribute widely to online discussions and who are curious about the nature of contemporary consumption, markets and culture.
The second part to this module aims to provide you with a strategic perspective on contemporary marketing communication management within an international context. It seeks to offer an integrated understanding of advertising and promotion from both a managerial and a cultural perspective.
Main topics of the module include:
- Introduction to brands and branding
- Evolution of branding
- Characteristics of brands and rationale for branding
- Advertising and promotion under media convergence
- The changing landscape for advertising under digitisation
- Advertising theory- alternative understandings of advertising effect.
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)