In the first part, you will explore sociological, anthropological and marketing issues of consumer behaviour. You will also seek to develop critical understandings of consumer behaviour that will hold relevance inside and outside the domain of marketing practice.
The second part to the module provides an indepth understanding of the theory and practice of global marketing. It will enable you to develop insight into consumer behaviour into a global marketing context. You will cultivate critical thinking, cultural awareness and applied decision-making in the global business setting.
You will also contextualise questions of global marketing alongside questions of globalisation with reference to contemporary concerns regarding neo-colonialism and the orchestration of a global consumer behaviour.
Main topics of the module include:
- Consumer choice and consumer rationality
- Attitude, beliefs and motivations
- Understanding the global marketing environment and some selected dynamics
- Global marketing, globalisation and neo-colonialism
- Global orchestration of ‘consumer behaviour'.
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)