The length will be 10,000 words. Before we can consider a proposal to submit a dissertation we will need to review your academic performance so far.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- evaluate and apply the methods acquired in the Research Methods course to write a dissertation,
- apply epistemological and ontological concepts to intellectual enquiry,
- analyse and critique the research of others,
- choose an appropriate method for investigating your own research question
- collect, present and interpret data using qualitative or quantitative methods,
- carry out an effective and ethical research project – from the proposal initiation stage, through the literature search, data collection and analysis to the final writing-up and presentation of results,
- demonstrate the capacity to work independently under the guidance of an academic supervisor,
- show that they have followed good academic research practice and have achieved a good level of competence in academic writing.