- An Introduction to Information Systems in Public Sector Organisations
- Information and Communication Technologies in the Knowledge Era
- Knowledge and Decision Making
- People and Information in Organisations
- Types of Information Systems
- Planning Information Systems
- Information Systems Development
- E-Government Strategy
You will be taken through a critical examination of the role of information in public sector organisations, of different models of information planning and management, and of the appropriateness of different information systems and technologies.
Assessed by one three-hour unseen written examination and by the submission of two tutor marked assignments. The examination mark and the combined mark of the assignments will be weighted on the scale 70:30.
How Organizations Learn: Managing the Search for Knowledge (Starkey et al).