Module A: Company law foundational issues I
- Corporate theory
- The types and functions of companies
Module B: Company law foundational issues II
- Company formation, promoters and pre-incorporation contracts
- Corporate personality and limited liability
- Lifting the veil of incorporation
Module C: Company law constitutional issues I
- The ultra vires doctrine and other attributions issues (tort - corporate crime)
- The articles of association and shareholders agreements
Module D: Company law constitutional issues II
- Majority rule
- Minority protection
Each module is assessed by a 45-minute unseen written exam.
It is strongly recommended you attempt Module A first.
How to apply
You can apply to study a module individually as a standalone unit or as part of a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Master of Laws qualification. (In either scenario, they must be studied in order.)
These modules also contribute towards the following specialist pathways for Laws:
- Commercial and Corporate Law
- Common Law
- International Business Law
Apply via Postgraduate Laws.