The programme offers a variety of highly engaging learning materials and activities. Your learning experience will be enhanced with an accessible and attractive learning platform, opportunities for self-assessment so you can understand your own progress and enhanced online student support.
This postgraduate programme is delivered online and there is no requirement to come to the UK as part of your studies. Our flexible online programme allows you to work around your own schedule and leads to a globally-recognised qualification.
When you register, we will give you access to the Student Portal. You can then access your University of London email account and other key resources including:
- The Student Guide provides information which is common to all students and gives useful information about your relationship with the University of London through to graduation.
- The Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which offers online learning support, access to the student café and discussion areas, and other study materials.
- The Online Library provides access to over 100 million academic electronic items comprising E-books, E-journals, conference proceedings etc. In addition, students can request items which are not held in the library via the library's Inter-Library loans service with the British Library. All registered students have free access to the University of London’s Online Library via https://onlinelibrary.london.ac.uk/
- Senate House Library provides free reference access for all registered distance and flexible learning students.
Online academic support
All students receive online module leader support while studying this programme. Module leaders introduce the modules, respond to queries, monitor discussions and provide guidance on assessments.
All essential resources, activities, videos, discussions and support are provided through the VLE. This allows you to fit your studies around your work commitments. There is no need to purchase additional textbooks.
The flexible approach to learning allows students to complete the MSc Global Environment and Sustainability in a minimum of two years (subject to module availability) to a maximum of five years.
You can study at your own pace, adjusting the intensity of learning to suit your needs. Modules are offered over a 20-week session each academic year.
We are committed to delivering an exceptional student experience for all of our students, regardless of which of our programmes you are studying and whether you are studying independently or with a Recognised Teaching Centre.
You will have access to support through:
- The Student Advice Centre – provides support for application and Student Portal queries.
- TalkCampus – a peer support service that offers a safe and confidential way to talk about whatever is on your mind at any time of day or night.
The following modules are assessed by two assessments: one online multiple choice question test (25%) and an end of term coursework assessment / online examination (75%):
The following modules are assessed by an end of term coursework assessment / online examination (100%):
- Biodiversity, Biosecurity and Conservation
- Global Food Systems and Health
- Waste and Pollution
- Water and Energy Resources
The Project module is assessed by one independent research project (100%).
All coursework and project items are submitted through the VLE. You can sit exams at any of our exam centres worldwide.