- HR and the organisation
- Employment life-cycle from entry to exit
- Recruitment and Selection
- The employment relationship
- Performance and reward
- HRS contemporary trends and challenges
By completing this module, you will be able to:
- identify, describe and apply a range of relevant approaches to deal with key strategic HRM issues.
- explain the need to undertake, and the benefits and challenges of, effective human resource planning.
- compare and contrast strategic approaches to recruitment, selection, development, rewards and employee exit (including consideration of a range of demographic, social, technological and regulatory trends).
- identify effective approaches to developing employee engagement and to ensuring positive employer/employee relations (including consideration of a range of demographic, social, technological and regulatory trends).
- analyse HRM practices within their own/case organisations and make suggestions for improvement.
- review the respective roles of (and dynamics between) HR practitioners and other key stakeholders (both within and without the organisation) in the delivery of HR practices throughout the employment life-cycle.
One two-hour unseen written examination.
- Boxall P, Purcell J and Wright P (2007) The Oxford Handbook of Human Resource Management, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
- Torrington D, Hall L, Taylor S and Atkinson, C (2011) Human Resource Management (8th Edition): Harlow: FT/Prentice Hall.