- why post-1945 human rights and development were forced apart and the gradual move back towards one another
- the human rights story in the context of decolonisation
- the rise of international development aid
- Sustainable Development Goals and to relevant programming tools
- human rights indicators and the AAAQ (available, accessible, acceptable, and of good quality) framework.
This knowledge will be consolidated with an introduction to human rights-based approaches (HRBA) in development and their applicability, including the critical examination of the impact of applying HRBAs to development projects in different sectors.
This module is assessed by one item of coursework (70% of the overall grade), and three E-tivities (30%).