Business organisations use information technologies and systems to achieve corporate objectives, and as a solution to a variety of business challenges and problems.
To fully understand information systems, you need to be aware of the broader organisational, human and information technology dimensions of systems and their power to provide solutions to challenges and problems in the business environment.
This module will examine the behavioural and the technical issues surrounding the development, use, and impact of information systems used by managers and employees in firms. It will also examine core topics and debates within the organisation studies discipline.
Main topics of the module include:
- The digital enterprise
- Databases and information management
- Systems development and procurement
- Business intelligence, decision making and artificial intelligence
- Information systems security, ethics and privacy
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)