The digital economy is growing at an exponential rate and more industries are focusing on the development of digital products and digital management information systems to aid their business processes.
Information technology (IT) project management presents an essential backbone of any modern organisation as technology development and use are increasingly intertwined with organisational operations.
This module aims to provide you with theoretical and practical knowledge of IT projects planning, estimation and evaluation.
Students will be taught the differences between the traditional Project Management frameworks and the agile framework used in the majority of digital industries.
Main topics of the module include:
- Project management in the IT context
- Development lifecycles: predictive and adaptive
- Integration management – ensuring that projects realise strategy
- Leadership and managing people in IT project teams
- Ensuring quality in IT projects
- Buying IT – procurement, outsourcing, off-shoring and supplier management.
One 3,000-word essay (100%)