Having gained an understanding of the workings of key corporate functions in your prior modules, this module will increase your understanding of the opportunities and challenges that arise from the external business context in the early 21st century.
You will evaluate these from the perspective of a range of corporate functions and appropriate corporate response structures identified. Your will be expected to reflect on the leadership and innovation challenges in contemporary organisations as they apply to the core subject areas you have studied in your prior modules.
Main topics of the module include:
- Business and management activities
- Key megatrends that influence the firm's external context in the 21st century
- Opportunities and constraints arising from trends and leadership styles
- Implications of the business context for selected corporate functions
- Social, environmental and ethical challenges facing companies
- Innovation, leadership and organisational sustainability
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)