This module provides the necessary knowledge and theoretical concepts for understanding international business and analysing and devising international strategies for multinational enterprises.
The second part to the module examines accounting, which has been referred to as the language of business. You are introduced to the underlying framework and concepts of accounting and its role in organisations and society.
The module also examines the principles of financial decision making, with emphasis on developing skills for analysing financial accounting information.
Main topics of the module include:
- Foreign direct investment (FDI)
- Trade flows and international trade theory
- Measuring and reporting financial performance
- Analysing and interpreting financial statements
- Making capital investment decisions
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)