Study at a Recognised Teaching Centre
You must study the International Foundation Programme, including Single Courses, at a Recognised Teaching Centre.
You should contact your local centre directly for information on their start dates and schedules.
Find a Recognised Teaching Centre.
Your teaching centre will offer classes using materials written and designed by University of London academics.
Your programme resources also include:
- A full subject guide for each course you study.
- A Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to access online resources.
- Past examination papers and full examiners' commentaries.
- The Online Library provides a range of e-books, along with full-text and multidisciplinary databases where journal articles, book reviews and reports can be found.
- University of London library: Registered students may use the resources located within the Senate House library (for a small additional fee).
We are committed to delivering an exceptional student experience for all of our students, regardless of which of our programmes you are studying and whether you are studying independently or with a Recognised Teaching Centre.
You will have access to support through:
- The Student Advice Centre – provides support for application and Student Portal queries.
- TalkCampus – a peer support service that offers a safe and confidential way to talk about whatever is on your mind at any time of day or night.
The IFP can be completed one academic year at most teaching centres. Part-time study is offered at some teaching centres only.
Each Recognised Teaching Centre offers its own study schedule and term dates.
IFP courses are assessed by an unseen written examination. Candidates who pass all four courses are awarded the University of London International Foundation Certificate with a grade of 'Pass', 'Merit' or 'Distinction'.
Exams are held in late April/early May each year. You can sit these at a University of London examination centre. A fee is payable to the local examination centre.
Students who marginally fail one course are eligible to resit that examination in July of the same year.
More about exams