- The Synoptic Gospels
- Gospel of Mark
- Gospel of Matthew
- Gospel of Luke
- Introduction to Paul
- 1 and 2 Corinthians
- James and 1 Peter
If you complete the course successfully, you should be able to:
- Summarise the main characteristics and emphases of the set texts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of biblical criticism and interpretation.
- Identify parallels and differences between the set texts.
- Identify, describe and critically examine the essential teachings, messages and points of difficulty in the set texts.
- Assess main scholarly positions to and discussions about the set texts.
- Evaluate the arguments, theories and themes of the texts for different readerships.