Projects are the way organisations effect change to realise strategy. Project management is about working concurrently on all aspects of the project in cross-functional teams, involving close links with all stakeholder groups.
This module introduces you to the fundamental concepts, tools and techniques for planning and managing the delivery of projects. It combines practical examples with theory, and you will also explore the challenges of managing individual projects.
Main topics of the module include:
- How projects support business strategy
- The project life cycle; Initiation and project definition including scope, costs, time, quality and benefits
- Use of a project management software tool
- Success factors and risk management
- Organisation for projects
- Communication and stakeholders; project closure and learning.
Multiple choice question test (25%)