- The individual organisation from the point of view of its structures
- Institutional culture and the way power is distributed
- The implications of the changing division and allocation of power between national and regional government and the individual educational institution
- Institutional effectiveness and educational improvement and change
- The concept of evaluation.
Students are made aware that most theories of leadership and management are ‘Western’ in nature and are encouraged to consider their applicability to their own cultural context.
Three-hour unseen written paper and coursework.