- Macroeconomics and the World of Finance
- Saving and Finance
- Investment and Financial Markets
- Monetary Policy and the Central Bank
- Fiscal Policy and Government Finances
- Expectations, Inflation, and Interest Rates
- Foreign Exchange Markets and Foreign Trade
- International Capital Flows and Financial Markets
We place the subject in a real-world context, aiming to show how theoretical and empirical knowledge of macroeconomics and financial markets provides ways to analyse the salient problems faced by modern macroeconomic policy makers.
Assessed by one three-hour unseen written examination and by the submission of two tutor marked assignments.