This module begins by presenting and evaluating key ideas concerning the context, nature and process of organisational change. This is juxtaposed against the practical and applied nature of managing change. You will use diagnostic and prescriptive tools and recognise both the limitations and strengths to these techniques and approaches.
The next part considers fundamental issues about why people work, how hard they work, how motivation relates to employee wellbeing and performance, and what social and structural forces influence work motivation and performance. You will review a selection of popular management practices that are in part intended to influence motivation and performance.
Main topics of the module include:
- Concepts and theories underpinning organisational change
- Practices and techniques for managing change
- Theoretical and practical approaches to change management
- Work motivation theories
- The links between motivation and other predictors of behaviour and performance
- Approaches to enhance work motivation and performance
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)