Working as a marketing researcher remains an intellectually stimulating, creative and rewarding career, and as such forms a central part of any marketing education. This module presents a dynamic analysis of the fundamental methods, developments and debates in the wider field of marketing research and approaches to analytics.
Main topics of the module include:
- Introduction to Marketing Research and Analytics (including practical Research Ethics)
- Designing a Marketing Research Project
- Qualitative Marketing Research Methods
- Qualitative Marketing Research Data Analysis
- Designing Effective Marketing Research Surveys (online & mobile)
- Analysing Marketing Research Quantitative Data, including Data Preparation, Descriptives, and Correlations
- Analysing Marketing Research Quantitative Data: Hypotheses testing, t-tests & p-values
- Analytics, Secondary Data and Data Science
- Communicating Marketing Research Findings
- The Future, Critical Debates and Ethics in Marketing Research
On successful completion of this module, you will be expected to be able to:
- demonstrate a good understanding of key marketing research concepts and techniques
- understand marketing research philosophies and perspectives
- evaluate and design marketing research
- be aware of current ethical responsibilities and conflicts in collecting and using market information
- understand and apply methodological perspectives to the design and analysis of problem-solving activities
- apply marketing research concepts and techniques to real-life marketing situations.
Online Multiple Choice Test (30% weighting) - An unseen, online multiple-choice test lasting about 45 minutes.
Coursework (70% weighting) - A written report of a maximum of 3,500 words.