Prerequisites / Exemptions
This half course may not be taken with:
- MT1174 Calculus.
- MT1186 Mathematical methods.
- Functions of several variables
- Matrices and linear equations
- Sequences and series.
If you complete the course successfully, you should be able to:
- used the concepts, terminology, methods and conventions covered in the half course to solve mathematical problems in this subject
- the ability to solve unseen mathematical problems involving understanding of these concepts and application of these methods
- seen how mathematical techniques can be used to solve problems in economics and related subjects
Unseen written examination (2 hrs).
- Anthony, M. and N. Biggs. Mathematics for Economics and Finance. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Course information sheets
Download the course information sheets from the LSE website.