Prerequisites / Exemptions
This half course may not be taken with:
- MT1174 Calculus
- MT1186 Mathematical methods
- Functions of several variables
- Matrices and linear equations
- Sequences and series
If you complete the course successfully, you should be able to:
- use the concepts, terminology, methods and conventions covered in the half course to solve mathematical problems in this subject
- solve unseen mathematical problems involving understanding of these concepts and application of these methods
- see how mathematical techniques can be used to solve problems in economics and related subjects
Unseen written examination (2 hrs).
- Anthony, M. and N. Biggs. Mathematics for Economics and Finance. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Course information sheets
Download the course information sheets from the LSE website.