What qualifications do you need?
We offer two entry routes into the programme, so if you do not meet the academic requirements you may still be eligible to apply through an alternative route.
Entry route 1 – Direct entry route
To qualify to register for direct entry to the MSc, PGDip or PGCert, you will need:
- a bachelor’s degree which is considered at least comparable to a UK second class honours degree or
- a postgraduate qualification from an institution acceptable to the University
Directly related professional work experience and/or directly related professional qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you have an appropriate professional experience qualification from a recognised professional body you will be considered on an individual basis.
Entry route 2 - Performance based admissions (PBA) route
If you do not meet the requirements for direct entry, you can apply for the MSc via the PBA route. To qualify for entrance via the PBA route, you will need:
- a bachelor’s degree from an institution acceptable to the University or
- an aegrotat (certificate) from an institution acceptable to the University.
Students on the PBA route may transfer to the MSc on successful completion of one module (30 credits).
Entrance to the individual modules (available April 2022)
To qualify to register for an individual module you will need a bachelor’s degree or aegrotat.
English language requirements
You must satisfy the English language requirements for the programme. If you do not meet the English language proficiency requirements but believe that you can demonstrate the requisite proficiency, the University may, at its discretion, consider your application.
You will meet our language requirements if you have achieved one of the following within the past three years:
- IELTS: at least 6.5 overall with 6.0 in the written test.
- Pearson Test (Academic): at least 59 overall, with 59+ in reading and writing and 54+ in speaking and listening.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (grade C or above).
- TOEFL iBT: at least 92 overall, with 22+ in reading and writing and 20+ in speaking and listening.
- Duolingo: must achieve an overall score of at least 120.
We set minimum basic computer requirements because your study resources are accessed via the Student Portal and it is vital that you can access this regularly.
You will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection. You will also need a media player (such as VLC) to play video files.
More about computer requirements