The module aims to cover key concepts, methods and insights from work and organisational psychology to illustrate them in relation to professional practice issues. The module will enable students to apply the methods and rigour of psychology to issues important to business in order to advance understanding of individual, group and organisational factors in relation to business effectiveness.
Main topics include:
- Insight into professional practices of work and organisational psychology
- Evidence-based practice and in-work organisational psychology, including how psychologists utilise theory and methods to inform practice
- Introduction to a variety of pertinent organisational topics and exploration of these at an individual, group and system level.
On successful completion of this module, you will be expected to be able to:
- Apply psychological principles to help solve problems of work, business and organisations.
- Discuss individual, group and organisational factors in relation to business effectiveness.
- Describe the interplay between theory and practice in applied occupational psychology.
- Evaluate and discuss the nature of evidence-based practice in occupational psychology.
- Explain the variety of work occupational psychologists engage in both in the UK and on an international level.
- Coursework (30%)
- Examination (70%)