The first part to this module provides you with a grounding into the tools and techniques used in the development of operational systems and the factors that affect the choice of operating methods.
In the second part, the module aims to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to evaluate marketing strategies in a variety of industry settings, through a systematic consideration of the key concepts. You will gain a broad knowledge of strategic marketing in an industrial context and a demonstrable range of analytical marketing skills.
Main topics of the module include:
- Factors affecting the choice of operating methods
- Specific tools and techniques of operating systems
- Manufacturing and service operations management
- Strategic marketing tools and the marketing environment
- Elements of the marketing mix and their critical interrelationships
- Marketing strategies in a business context
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)