The first part to this module provides you with a grounding into the tools and techniques used in the development of operational systems and the factors that affect the choice of operating methods.
The second part to the module aims to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to evaluate marketing strategies in a variety of industry settings, through a systematic consideration of the key concepts. You will gain a broad knowledge of strategic marketing in an industrial context and a demonstrable range of analytical marketing skills.
Main topics of the module include:
- Design of the operations network
- Operations strategy
- Inventory planning and control
- Marketing analysis
- The competitive environment
- Using the segmenting, targeting and positioning model (STP).
- Multiple choice question tests (30%)
- Online examination (70%)