- General principles of nutrition
- Specialised areas of nutrition. Students will select three of the following options: − Feeding dairy cows − Feeding dual purpose, beef and draught cattle − Feeding sheep and goats − Pig nutrition − Poultry nutrition
- Nutrition of horses, camelids and rabbits. In all the above cases, consideration will be given to the different resources available in temperate and tropical/subtropical regions.
- Environmental studies, including climatic effects and housing
- The physiology of growth and lactation; the relevance of reproduction on livestock production
Your work for this module will be assessed by means of a three-hour unseen written examination paper which will take the form of essay questions. In addition, you must submit at least one and up to three TMAs.
Module information sheets
Download the full module information sheet from the RVC website.