- Who am I
- Professional and ethical practice
- Professional relationships
- Expectations and challenges
- Planning and goal setting
By completing this module, you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the conceptual foundations underpinning current and emerging understandings of professional development and learning.
- Analyse and review the challenges to effective individual performance in contemporary organizations.
- Analyse and review the challenges to effective interpersonal relationships in contemporary organizations.
- Review and identify strategies for self-development of individuals and teams.
- Evaluate understandings of self-development in relation to contemporary understandings of career development.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of act ethically and professionally with a demonstrated commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity and to continuous personal and professional development.
A 3000 word learning and development report.
- Cunliffe, A. (2009) A very short, fairly interesting and reasonably cheap book about management, London: Sage.
- Pedler, M and Burgoyne, J A. (2007) Managers’ Guide to Self-Development, (5th edition) London: McGraw-Hill.