This module is both specific and technical, and will enable you to carry out financial and economic appraisals. It will give you enough theory to understand the financial and economic processes involved in such an appraisal, but the emphasis is on practice, with some critique of the methods involved.
- Unit 1: Investment Appraisal Techniques I
- Unit 2: Investment Appraisal Techniques II
- Unit 3: Social Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Unit 4: Valuation Methodologies in Social Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Unit 5: Sector Analysis and Case Studies in SCBA
- Unit 6: Risk and Uncertainty Analysis
- Unit 7: Distributional Issues and Social Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Unit 8: Critique and Reflection
- one three-hour unseen written examination (70%)
- two tutor marked assignments (30%)
- Boardman, AE, D Greenberg, AR Vining & DL Weimer (2014) Cost-Benefit Analysis: Concepts and Practice, 4th (International) Edition, Pearson.