The project module provides learners with the experience of conducting an independent empirical research project on a topic relevant to Psychology Law.
You will draw on learning from the Advanced Research Methods module and skills and knowledge gained from across your programme of study. You will develop research questions, choose appropriate methodologies, consider relevant ethical issues, collect research data, interpret research findings, and formally present your findings in the form of a research project.
Learners will also engage in reflecting on other possible modes of research dissemination and impact including, for example, conference presentations, practitioner events, consultation, policy formation, book chapters, and journal publication.
Main topics include
- Critical reading of academic and applied research
- The development of research questions that arise from the social scientific literature
- Critical thinking about research ethics
- Methods of data collection
- Application of analytical skills and interpretation of research findings
- Presentation of research findings in the form of a research project.
Research project (100%)