In this module you will develop an understanding of the common quantitative and qualitative methodologies used when conducting research through the context of business.
Students will look at relevant analytical, theoretical and contextual research, and learn to analyse and critically interpret empirical findings and data.
You will consider how to prepare a research proposal and examine relevant frameworks for research ethics, reliability, and validity.
In the project, you will be able to develop your effectiveness in collecting, manipulating and interrogating information, its application and the production of reports – all of which are useful skills in future employment.
Main topics of the module include:
- Introduction to business and management research
- Literature review, research strategies, designs, and ethical issues
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative findings
- Finalising proposal and planning final project
- Writing up projects
- Finalising draft until submission deadline.
Research proposal (30%)
Final research project (70%)