Whether you are studying this module in order to carry out research in your professional role, to commission and project-manage research conducted by others or to complete a dissertation for your MSc qualification, your ability to appropriately and rigorously design, execute report, and evaluate research is essential.
- Unit 1 The Nature of Research
- Unit 2 Planning and Designing Research
- Unit 3 Reviewing the Literature and Making Methodological Choices
- Unit 4 Data
- Unit 5A Interviews, Focus Groups and Surveys
- Unit 5B Introduction to Data Analysis I
- Unit 6A Fieldwork and Observation
- Unit 6B Introduction to Data Analysis II
- Unit 7 Validity and Reliability
- Unit 8 Writing and Presenting Research
- Two assignments (30%)
- One three-hour examination in September/October (70%)
- Gill, J & P Johnson (2010) Research Methods for Managers, 4th Edition, Sage.
- McMillan, K & J Weyer (2011) How to Write Dissertations and Project Reports, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall