In order to take this course, you must already have passed New Testament Greek: Language and texts at Level 5.
Section A: John’s Gospel
- John 1. The Prologue and its prospects in the Gospel
- John 2-6. “Signs” and debates
- John 7-12. Conflicts and context
- John 13-17. Farewell discourses
- John 18-21. Passion and postscripts
Section B: Romans
- The Romans Debate. Why did Paul send this letter to Rome? Does it matter?
- Romans 1-4. Jew and Greek, faithfulness and unfaithfulness
- Romans 5-8 Sin, flesh, Adam and righteousness
- Romans 5-8 Sin, flesh, law and restoration
- Romans 9-11. Israel, Gentiles and Paul’s mission
A two thousand word essay (40%) and a 1.5-hour unseen written examination (60%).