By completing this module, you will be able to:
- Critically compare and contrast the usefulness of different perspectives and theories of organisational change.
- Appreciate the strengths and limitations of rational, planned and strategic perspectives on change.
- Explore concepts of power, resistance and the politics of change.
- Identify and evaluate the importance of ‘practice’ in understanding how change is managed.
- Understand the roles of ‘agency’, and especially change leaders and change agents, in processes of organisational change.
- Use academic research effectively in evaluating different perspectives on organizational change.
One two-hour unseen written examination.