Please note the availability of this module is for Term 1: September/October to December.
By completing this module, you will be able to:
- critically compare and contrast the usefulness of different perspectives and theories of organisational change.
- appreciate the strengths and limitations of rational, planned and strategic perspectives on change.
- explore concepts of power, resistance and the politics of change.
- identify and evaluate the importance of ‘practice’ in understanding how change is managed.
- understand the roles of ‘agency’, and especially change leaders and change agents, in processes of organisational change.
- use academic research effectively in evaluating different perspectives on organisational change.
One two-hour unseen written examination.