MA European Studies (King’s College London); PhD European Studies (King’s College London)
Summary of research interests and expertise
- Environmental/Climate Politics
- Social Movement Studies
- Critical Urban Studies
As part of a broader interest in civil society participation in international environmental processes (UNCSD, UNFCCC), my current research looks at the role of non-state actors in national and international climate governance. I am particularly interested in the role and influence of philanthropic foundations, cities, and elite networks, and how they are shaping the post-COP21 climate agenda.
I obtained funding for and am currently coordinating a collective research project that focuses on the study of the Paris Climate Conference (COP21). On the back of my research on COP21, future research plans include research on the debates surrounding the means of transitioning towards a low-carbon economy.
Previous research focused on the role and influence of agricultural interests in contemporary French society and politics.
- Edouard Morena, Dunja Krause & Dimitris Stevis (eds.), Just Transitions : Social justice in the shift towards a low-carbon world, London : Pluto Press (2020)
- Edouard Morena, ‘The climate brokers : philanthropy and the shaping of a "US-compatible" international climate regime’, in International Politics (2020)
- Stefan C. Aykut, Edouard Morena & Jean Foyer, ‘Incantatory’ governance: global climate politics’ performative turn and its wider significance for global politics, International Politics (2020)
- Edouard Morena, Le coût de l’action climatique : Fondations philanthropiques et débat international sur le climat, Paris : Editions du Croquant (2018)
- Stephan C. Aykut, Jean Foyer & Edouard Morena (eds.), Globalizing the climate: COP21 and the climatisation of global debates, London: Routeledge (2017)
- Edouard Morena, The price of climate action: Philanthropic foundations and the global climate debate, London: Palgrave (2016)
- Edouard Morena, ‘L’odeur de l’argent : les fondations philanthropiques dans le débat climatique international’, in Revue Internationale et Stratégique (2018)
- Edouard Morena, ‘L’agence de presse libération-paysans : Avec les paysans sur le "front de l’information" ?’, in Etudes Rurales, 109 (2016)
- Edouard Morena, 'Words speak louder than actions: the "peasant" dimension of the Confédération paysanne's alternative to industrial farming', in Journal of Peasant Studies, 42 (2015)