This room has two computers with the following Assistive Technology software installed:
- ClaroRead text to speech software
- TextHelp Read & Write
- MindView mind mapping software
- ZoomText magnification software
- Dragon Naturally Speaking dictation software
- JAWS which reads the screen contents aloud and allows totally blind or partially sighted users full access to the PC.
Other equipment such as scanners, large key-keyboards, trackballs and headphones are also available. The Accessibility Suite may be booked for one session per day, morning or afternoon, (or evening in term time). The Suite is only for registered library members who require the use of specialist Assistive Software, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking dictation software; for wheelchair users, or for those who work with an assistant with whom they need to speak. Eligible members who wish to use this facility should ask their Disability Support Officer to request booking rights for the room from our Disability Support co-ordinator: Charlotte McDonaugh. In addition to the Accessibility Suite we also have computers on the 4th and 5th floors available with the above software (except for Dragon and JAWS).
Contact us at email@example.com.