Saturday 4 September 2021
In celebration of Open House 2021, you are invited to a set of guided tours of the iconic Senate House and Senate House Library.
This year, Senate House Library is celebrating the 150th anniversary of its Founding Collections and as part of the Open House 2021 tour, you’ll be able to see some of the highlights featured the #SHL150 online gallery in addition to your guided tour of the Library's heritage reading rooms and other historic spaces in Senate House.
There will be two in-person tours which will last approx. 1hr:
12:00 Open House tour
13:30 Open House Tour
Meeting point: Crush Hall by the ceremonial staircase on the Ground Floor of Senate House (South Block) - please have your registration confirmation email ready on arrival.
Please note: The in-person tours are now fully booked but please check back on the Eventbrite page prior to the date as there may be cancellations. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Health and safety
The University's highest priority remains the health and safety of the staff, students, and visitors using our buildings. It is taking a risk-based approach to managing health and safety including the following safety measures:
- Encouraging staff and students who are eligible to get vaccinated
- Asking staff and students to avoid coming into University buildings if feeling unwell, displaying COVID symptoms or have tested positive
- Requesting staff and students to take regular asymptomatic tests (2-3 per week). Test kits are free and available online here or collect in person at the desk next to Senate House reception
- Practising good hand and respiratory hygiene. Sanitising stations are available across all University buildings and at all reception/entry points.
- Wearing face coverings whilst in shared spaces or moving around University buildings.
- Maintaining 2m social distancing wherever possible, and where not possible, 1.5m.
- Adjusting ventilation systems in accordance with HSE guidance