Romantic restaurants in London for couples
No matter what styles of food you both enjoy, London has a vast array of dinner restaurants just waiting to be discovered. It’s always a great idea to call ahead when it comes dinner reservations so do your research beforehand. We’ll get you started. Time to make use of that extra notch on your belt:
1. Eat at the Shard for breathtaking views of the city. The Shard building has several restaurants inside covering a wide range of cuisines. You’ll find Aqua Shard, Oblix, Hutong, Bar 31, TĪNG and the GŎNG Bar all inside.
2. Pay a visit to Cora Pearl. Owned by the team behind Mayfair’s Kitty Fisher’s another rest in honour of an english courtesan - this time in the Theatre district. Relax into luxurious upholstery, enjoy drinks from antique glasses and tuck into some classic food with a twist
2. London's largest South African restaurant, Shaka Zuku, is a two-floor restaurant found in industrial Camden. The establishment's tribal decor completed with 20ft Zulu warrior statues will make your jaw your drop with amazement. The Braai delicacies on offer are no less impressive.
3. Try a dining experience that’s a little different to the usual city restaurant. Eating in a prison is definitely a niche suggestion but the Clink at Brixton Prison Address: HMP Brixton consistently placed in the Top 10 restaurants in London on TripAdvisor. Visit their website to learn more about this unique restaurant.
4. Fancy eating in complete darkness? Dans Le Noir, literally translated as ‘in the black’ is a dining experience with a very big difference - you can’t see anything. This unique restaurant is well known for both its bizarre concept and the incredible dishes it serves.
Nighttime couples activities in London- rave (or drink) the night away
This is why you’re really here! It’s time to hit the town London-style and immerse yourself in the capital’s unrivalled nightlife. Whatever your scene, this city has you covered, with cocktail bars from the psychedelic ‘70s to retro gaming and classy parlours filled to the brim with unique gins.
1. West Hampstead’s Bobby Fitzpatrick is a ‘70s-themed pizza and cocktail bar with a menu of over 30 options for your nighttime tipple.
2. Thumbs at the ready. The Four Quarters in Peckham will make a nice change for a couple of nostalgia-chasing gamers with a thirst for craft beer and retro classics.
3. Mr Fogg’s Gin Parlour in Covent Garden takes you back to the Victorian era for a more refined taste of London-life. The eclectic space offers a collection of over 200 drinks, from well-known favourites to rare, worldly gins.
4. Cahoots is a 1940s-themed bar in the heart of Soho, but there's no need to ration your intake of fantastic cocktails. Different areas from which to enjoy the live swinging entertainment include the Underground and the Train Carriage.
Where to stay in London for couples
If you’re looking for the perfectly alternative place to stay on your London city break look no further than Stay Central’s affordable accommodation, housed in University of London apartments and halls. In this case, ‘alternative’ doesn’t need to mean uncomfortable or located on the outskirts of the city.
With a range of rooms available including both self-catered apartments and bed and breakfast flats and rooms, Stay Central accommodation is a great place to recuperate on your staycation.
Centrally located, our accommodation in the historic and trendy Bloomsbury is a short walk from some of London’s most iconic attractions such as Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace and Oxford Street. You’ll never be far from the city centre and convenient transport links to get you where you want to go.
Comfortable and competitively priced, Stay Central accommodation will make your stay enjoyable but won’t break the bank.