There are a whole host of fantastic benefits that arise from becoming a student at the University of London. These range from being able to build your studies around your lifestyle, to having your course content directed by some of the world’s most prestigious academic institutions, or being able to follow our programmes wherever you are in the world.
However, something you might not have heard about is the Virtual Student Card, which we offer to our registered students via ISIC (International Student Identity Card). The card is free of charge, and with it you can access the following:
- Singapore: 20% off total bill at King and the Pawn, 20% off at Hilltop Academy Singapore, 10% off Daily Continental Car Rentals with Ace Drive.
- Malaysia: Student exchange rate with Hong Leong Bank, Child Fare rates on Transnational Express, 5 x 15 minute free ride with oBike.
- Hong Kong: 10% discount at Brick Lane, first month for free at Extra Space Storage, 30% off all lessons at Passion Yoga.
- Pakistan: Free practice test with British Council (IELTS), up to 88% off subscriptions with The Economist, 50% off service fee at Homestay
- Sri Lanka: 10% off total bill at Java Lounge, 10% off total bill at Frosty Roll, 10% off in-store and online at Makeen Books, 20% off movie tickets with 444.
Or, if you’re in London:
- Free access to Senate House Library: Senate House Library is an amazing resource – the central library for the University of London, it hosts millions of books, journals, and digital resources, as well as study spaces for quiet reflection.
- Free access to Student Central: Student Central is the home for all students studying at any University of London member institution, with three bars, a gym, a range of classes and the largest indoor swimming pool in central London!
There is a huge range of other discounts besides these, in many other countries, all of which can be found on the ISIC discounts web page:
How do I sign up?
Around two weeks after you complete your registration with the University, you will be contacted by ISIC, asking you to activate your University of London student card. The email will come from email@example.com, so make sure you add this address to your email account so that it doesn’t go to your spam folder. If you do not receive an email, or you have any issues with your ISIC card, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A short video on our YouTube channel, How to access your Virtual Student Card, shows you step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for your card. Or you can follow the steps below:
- Download the ISIC app on your smartphone.
- Sign up with the same email you registered with (and where you receive emails from us) and the ISIC number and name given in the email you received from ISIC. You will also be required to upload a photo (you can just take a selfie there and then). Note that you cannot replace the photo once you have uploaded one.
- Click “show ISIC card”.
- Authenticate to finalise and you are ready to use your brand new University of London Virtual Student Card!
Your student card will stay valid for one year, and you can sign up for a new one each year when you complete registration. So when you register with the University of London, remember to activate your ISIC card to make the most of all it has to offer!