"We are really pleased to announce that we have moved to our new virtual student card and look forward to offering you many more student benefits."
“We are really pleased to announce that we have moved to our new virtual student card and look forward to offering you many more student benefits.”
Dr Mary Stiasny, Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) and Chief Executive
As a student*, you can now sign up for the new University of London virtual student card via the ISIC app or website (find out more), which will unlock benefits available in your local area, on your travels, or online. This is one in the many initiatives we are working on to enhance your student experience. With so many aspects of your student life being hosted online, this new virtual student card adds to your ever-growing digital student experience.
“Our new student card will offer you numerous benefits that will enhance both your study as well as your social activities.”
Joanne Harris, Associate Director: Student Experience
The virtual student card is provided through ISIC, which offers the only internationally-accepted virtual student identity card that can provide proof of student status on your phone. Now, when you go to the movies, the museum or anywhere that provides a student discount, you will be able to show your student card on the app to obtain the offer. Apart from these general discounts, ISIC offers thousands of global and local discounts that you can benefit from.
“You can now keep your student card in digital form and access thousands of offers and discounts online to add to your student lifestyle.”
Pamela Roberts, Director: Student Recruitment and Enrolments
Examples of global benefits**:
- Free access to Student Central and Senate House Library in London.
- The Economist – up to 88% off.
- Microsoft Imagine – ISIC as a means to student status verification to get free access to the programme.
- British Council – Free IELTS Practice tests and exclusive advice.
- Lonely Planet – 30% off guidebooks and eBooks.
- TravelSim – 60% off SIM card and free mobile phone.
You can find out about all the local benefits by searching for discounts in your city on the ISIC discounts webpage.
*Unfortunately this card is not available to students studying programmes with academic direction from LSHTM.
**Not all offers are available in all territories.
- Find out more about how to get your University of London virtual student card.
- You can find out about all the local benefits by searching for discounts in your city on the ISIC discounts webpage.
- For questions on how to setup and use the card, you can contact ISIC directly on: email@example.com or visit www.myisic.co.uk
- If you are unsure whether you are eligible to get this new University of London virtual student card, please contact us via the “Ask a Question” button on the Student Portal.