Distance-learning programmes focus on the social and psychological processes operating in organisations. Drawing on current and classic theory and research, each course enables you to understand organisations and develop ways of improving them.
What can you study?
Benefit from fully-supported online learning
Watch the same lectures as those presented 'live' to postgraduate students studying on campus at the University of London, accompanied by PowerPoint slides. You are also supported by:
- tutor-led online seminars for each module
- a personal tutor who provides general guidance throughout your studies
- extensive, purpose-written study materials
- an online facility for submitting essays and mock exams to your tutor
- access to world-class online library facilities
- optional face-to-face seminar and exam revision session in London (held in February/September respectively).
Developed by leading academics at Birkbeck, University of London
These programmes are developed by academics within the Department of Organizational Psychology at Birkbeck, University of London.
The department is the oldest and largest of its kind in the UK and makes a major contribution to research in the field of behaviour at work. It is a major provider of academic and professional training in organizational psychology (also known as occupational psychology) and career management.
Graduates from these programmes become trainers, motivators, careers advisers, managers and consultants within large multinational companies, government departments, or in any organization where advanced knowledge of organizational psychology and/or human resource management may be useful.
Study at your own pace
With a maximum of five years to complete your Master's or Postgraduate Diploma, you can study at your own pace. If you wish to complete in the minimum study period, you'll need to study for around 20 hours per week during the academic session.