Please leave all bags, coats and laptop cases in the lockers provided. On departure, please empty your locker and return the key to the member of staff at the Special Collections enquiry desk. Personal property must not be left overnight in lockers or in the Sterling Library Reading Room.
- Please read books on the rests provided, using chains to minimise the need to touch the volumes, and consult archival and manuscript material in line with Special Collections staff guidance.
- Only pencils may be used.
- You are responsible for all materials issued to you for consultation until you return those materials to a member of Special Collections staff.
- Handheld devices may be used to take digital images for non-commercial research or private study only, at the discretion of Special Collections staff and in accordance with notices displayed in the Reading Room.
- Eating and drinking, including bottled water, is not permitted.
- Users must put their bags and coats in a locker before viewing materials.
- Please note that this area is under security camera surveillance.